Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register? There are 3 ways to register for a class:
- Online registration: Click the "LOGIN/CREATE ACCOUNT" option on the top left side of the welcome page directly under the banner. If this is your first time registering on this site, click "Create New Profile." Choose “Student Profile (Single User)” if you will only be registering for yourself. Choose “Household Profile” if you will be registering for multiple people. Follow the prompts to create your account. Once your profile has been created, click “Browse” on the left to view classes. Next click on “All Classes” from the drop -down menu to see all classes WCC Economic and Community Development is offering. You can also select a category from the drop-down menu to see only classes offered under that category. Once you are on the category page, select the subcategory you are interested in. All classes offered under that category will appear on screen. Click the green title of the class you are interested in. This will take you to the class page. Select “Add to Cart” to register for the class. After adding all classes you wish to attend, click "View my Cart." Complete your registration by following the steps on our secure checkout screen.
- By mail: Mail your completed registration form with check or money order to:
Economic and Community Development
Student Records Office, SC 203
Washtenaw Community College
4800 E Huron River Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
- In person: You may register in person at the Student Center building during regular business hours. Payment is due at time of registration.
How will I know if I got into a class? You will receive an email with the event details after your registration has been completed. If you did not provide an email address with your registration, you will receive a confirmation by mail. If you have any questions call 734-677-5060 or email email@example.com.
What is your refund policy if I cannot attend a class as planned? Refunds are only processed upon receipt of a request to withdraw from a class or when a class is officially canceled by the college.
The following steps are necessary to withdraw from a class:
- A request to withdraw must be submitted prior to the start of class. No refunds are given once the class starts.
- Call 734-677-5060 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include your name, the class title, class number and class start date in your request to withdraw.
Please allow seven to 10 business days for approved refunds to be processed. Refunds will be issued using the same method as original payment, unless an electronic voucher to register for another class is granted.
Please note: Refunds for tuition and mandatory or materials fees will not be issued if the request to withdraw is received fewer than three days prior to the start of class.
Are classes canceled due to low enrollment? In most cases, we require at least the minimum number of students for a class to run. You will be notified by email or telephone if your class is canceled. WCC reserves the right to cancel classes with insufficient enrollment.
When is a class canceled? WCC makes every effort to maintain the schedule of classes as announced in our catalog. However, there are times when it is necessary to cancel classes, change instructors, switch rooms or combine classes without previous announcement. WCC is not bound by printing errors in our publication.
How do I use this website? You are able to perform several functions on the website including:
- Browse our classes online: Click “Browse” from the left menu bar. Next click on “All Classes” from the drop- down menu to see all classes WCC Economic and Community Development is offering. You can also select a category from the drop-down menu to see only classes offered under that category. Once you are on the category page select the subcategory you are interested in. All classes offered under that category will appear on the screen.
- Sign in: If you are new to our site, you must create a new student profile. Creating a profile provides you with your own personal, password-protected account. Having an account will allow you to register online and track your class registrations. Click the "LOGIN/CREATE ACCOUNT" option on the top left side of the welcome page directly under the banner. If this is your first time registering on this site, click "Create New Profile." Choose “Student Profile (Single User)” if you will only be registering for yourself. Choose “Household Profile” if you will be registering for multiple people. Follow the prompts on the screen to create your account. When building your profile, items marked with a red asterisk are required. We highly recommend using your email address as your login. The demographic information collected is optional and is used by the College strictly for planning and statistical purposes. You will receive a copy of your username and password via email for future reference. Once you create your student profile (and on subsequent visits after you sign in), you will see menu options that allow you to edit your profile, check your current registrations and view your transactions and transcript.
- Register online: Browse through the classes using the steps above. Once you are on the class listing page, click the green title of the class you are interested in. This will take you to the class page. Select “Add to Cart” to register for the class. After adding all classes you wish to attend, click "View My Cart." Complete your registration by following the steps on the secure checkout screen. You can print your transaction receipt and class confirmation for your records. You also will receive a class confirmation and transaction receipt via email.
How do I print a receipt? To print a receipt for any class, just sign in and select "My Transactions" from the left menu bar and locate the class. Under "Action" select "Print View" and print your receipt.
How do I print my transcript? To print a current transcript of classes, just sign in and select "My Transcript" from the left menu bar. In the upper left corner is an export link, select the format you would like and print. If you need an official transcript, please contact our Operation Specialist at 734-677-5060.
How do I update my profile? You may edit or update your student profile at any time. After signing in, access the link entitled “My Profile” to change any of the information. Click “Edit” at the bottom of the page. You may then edit any of the profile fields. When you are finished, scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Submit.”
What are your policies for payment of fees? When you self-register, payment must be made by credit card. We accept: Visa, Mastercard and Discover cards. We also accept payment by cash, check and money order. However, this requires you to register by mail or in-person at the Student Connection offices located in the Student Center building.
How do I know if there is space available? If a class is already full, a waiting list button appears and you will have the option of placing yourself on the waiting list. If a seat becomes available we will contact you.
Can I purchase gift certificates for classes? Electronic gift cards are available for purchase online for any dollar amount that can be applied to a class of the recipient’s choice.
How do I access ed2go classes? If you register for an ed2go class, you will receive an email with directions to access your class within two business days of registering. This email will include your access code for the class.
If I am not sure what class to take, who can help me? For any questions about classes or class information, please call our offices at 734-677-5060 or email us at email@example.com.
Where do I purchase Books for my classes? Please refer to the class detail section for information regarding books and materials.
Discounts: The College has discounts in place for emeritus students, full-time and part-time faculty and staff, as well as dependents of full-time faculty and staff.
If you are currently emeritus, faculty, staff or a dependent, please create a New Student profile and contact our office at 734-677-5060. It is necessary to confirm status and update your record prior to registering for your first class.
Other Questions: For any other questions or concerns, please contact us by phone during regular business hours at
734-677-5060 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hours of Operations: Monday through Thursday: 8:00am to 8:00pm; Friday: 8:00am to 5:00pm; Saturday: 9:00am to 12:00pm; and Sunday 9:00am to 12:00pm.